Monday, July 14, 2008

How to Survive a Heart Attack When Alone.

I just received an email from a friend about how to survive a heart attack when alone. The subject of the message was "very good advice" and a PowerPoint presentation was attached.

I wondered if there was any truth in the Cough CPR method or was it perhaps another hoax virus. I selected the words which I thought would be a good candidate if this was a virus, and also potentially the source if indeed the information was true. I entered the search "journal of general hospital rochester" as the authority mentioned was General Hospital Rochester.

Sure enough Hoax Slayer came up and this hoax appears to have been circulating since 1999. As I mentioned in an earlier post if you receive an email from your friend that suggests passing it on, then please check your friend is also not simply passing it on without checking. It only takes a few moments to check if you are being tricked by a hoax virus and your friends won't benefit from suspect information.
If you have passed this message on to others please let them know it is a hoax.

Happy hoax slaying. - Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment