Friday, September 19, 2008

Google Chrome Australian English dictionary.

Version 3.0.0 of the Australian English dictionary files are now available for use with Google Chrome. Whilst Australian English is not currently supported in Google Chrome, I explain how to use the Australian English dictionary files with a very easy patch.

You can find the Australian English dictionary files on the Google Chrome page of the dictionary pages I maintain.

I'd like to thank Pam from the Google Chrome team for her much appreciated assistance.

You can download Google Chrome at http://www.google.com/chrome.

Take Google Chrome and the Australian English dictionary files for a spin and let me know how you go.

Happy spellchecking.

- Kelvin Eldridge

2 comments:

  1. it's funny, the more i use Chrome (for windows), the more unstable it seems to get... crashes a lot more, can't handle sites with flash, hangs every time i close a tab... all that to say, i'm switching back to Firefox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Movie fan,

    I understand. Bad experiences can lead us to that path.

    For me, I'm happy to be tolerant with Google Chrome and give them a bit of latitude. The software is in beta, but more importantly for me, the Google Chrome team helping me means they are the only browser team that has given my work any support. The support from Pam was enormously appreciated.

    The Firefox team on the other hand took my work into their project, which affects the viability of my work.

    I always have time for projects where we help each other.

    - Kelvin

    ReplyDelete