Thursday, November 12, 2009

MyTreasure beta now available.

I enjoy selling, swapping and giving away my pre-loved goodies, so it made sense for me to write an application which would enable me to list my goodies on the internet. I've called the software MyTreasure and it is available for free from http://www.mytreasure.com.au/.

With all the online auction sites now available, the usual response I get from people is why MyTreasure. What most people don't realise when they list on other sites is 30-40% of all items listed never get a response. I want to list a lot of items and those fees for no result can really add up.

I also want to encourage people to look for pre-loved treasures locally. I've often seen people buy things for a few dollars and rarely do they take into account the postage and packaging. I was told of a young person who got ripped off because the freight was many times more than the hat they bought.

MyTreasure now provides anyone with a tool to create their list of pre-loved items complete with the files required for displaying on the internet. For those with access to free space on the internet (and that's most people), they can now promote their pre-loved treasures for free. If you'd prefer to have someone else look after the hosting, then that option is also available.

Over the coming days I will be creating my list of treasures which you'll be able to find at www.MyTreasure.com.au/sites/kelvin.

MyTreasure is beta software. If you're interested in helping by using the software and providing feedback, I'm happy to provide three months of free hosting.

- Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment