Tuesday, January 26, 2010

invitations@hi5.com, e-cards@123greatings.com, noreply@coca-cola.com, e-cards@hallmark.com, e-cards@americangreetings.com, svc@ppal.com

I'm sure most people receive fake emails from invitations@hi5.com, e-cards@123greatings.com, noreply@coca-cola.com, e-cards@hallmark.com, e-cards@americangreetings.com, svc@ppal.com and many others. I also receive them, but they never reach my computer. I use a program I wrote called OzEfilter which deletes the emails at the mail server before they ever reach my computer.

Today for example I received 41 emails. Of those 35 were spam or malware. All 35 were disposed of at the mail server and never came close to my computer. As a result of using OzEfilter I save time and minimise the chances of a costly and time consuming infection, or worse, a successful phishing attempt.



OzEfilter is built on a very simple idea. I want to receive emails from people I know, but I want to first check emails from people I don't know before receiving them into my computer. I then delete all the unwanted emails from strangers (spam, malware, phishing attempts) and only receive the emails I want.

The following is the view screen which shows me the emails on the mail server for me to review before receiving.



The email address and subject are enough to let me know whether I want to receive an email from a stranger. The country of origin at the left is a further clue about whether the email is bona fide or not.

OzEfilter also saves me time. On a normal day I receive 50-100 emails a day. Around 80-90% of those are not wanted and potentially dangerous. A quick review and a click on the delete button purges the unwanted emails. Much faster than receiving and then deleting each email and much safer too. Just think about it. If you receive just 10 unwanted emails a day, that's a lot of wasted time deleting unwanted emails, but more worrying is that's 3,650 potential threats to you or your computer a year.

If unwanted emails is a problem to you, if you've been tricked by malware and want minimise the chances of that happening again, then consider OzEfilter. No anti-virus program can protect you against the latest malware threat. It takes time for the software companies to identify and release new signature files. Often up to a couple of days. That is the time you are most vulnerable. Every anti-virus program I've tested has let malware into the computer undetected resulting in infected computers. Why take the risk.

OzEfilter comes with a peace of mind money back guarantee. Give it a go and see what you think. You have nothing to lose except unwanted emails.

- Kelvin

No comments:

Post a Comment