Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter 2010 and Greek Easter

Easter is almost here. The Easter period is Friday the 2nd of April to Monday the 5th of April. Whilst I've always known Good Friday and Easter Monday are holidays in Victoria, I thought it was interesting to see Easter Saturday is also a public holiday in Victoria. I must admit I didn't know that.

Today I heard a couple of people talking about Greek Orthodox Easter. I remember in my younger years wondering why Greek's had Easter on a different day so I decided it was time to do a bit of reading.

I found the article on GreekCity to be quite interesting and the article on Wikipedia shows the Western and Eastern dates for Easter to be the same this year and next. The reason for the difference between the days Easter falls on is quite interesting.

To everyone have a great Easter.

- Kelvin Eldridge

Tags: Greek Easter, Orthodox Easter, Easter Orthodox

No comments:

Post a Comment