Friday, March 26, 2010

IT: Apple iPhone - This accessory is not made to work with iPhone

Recently I took a short trip to Merimbula in New South Wales. Whilst at Merimbula the iPhone started to display the message: This accessory is not made to work with iPhone. Would you like to turn on Airplace Mode to reduce audio interference? You will not be able to make or receive calls.

There was no accessory attached to the iPhone, and selecting Yes whilst putting the iPhone into Airplane Mode, still didn't fix the problem. The message kept popping up every few minutes and was really quite annoying.

Interestingly the problem vanished once I returned to Melbourne. The only thing I can put it down to is Merimbula had great weather that was a little more humid. The problem hasn't returned.

On the internet I found others having similar problems, and in some cases they had their iPhone swapped under warranty, but I wanted to share this experience in case it helps others. It may simply be a matter of some moisture causing a problem. I don't know what caused the problem, but perhaps knowing it might vanish may assist others.

- Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment