Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Apple Doncaster Shoppingtown

I enjoy going to the Apple store in Doncaster Shoppingtown, but sometimes I wonder. When I get service the people are very friendly. Sometimes though it takes a while to get service. Recently a neighbour went in to check about getting their Apple iPhone screen replaced. I believe it was a Saturday. They were told they needed to make an appointment. When they went to make the appointment the next appointment was on the following Thursday. They weren't particularly happy. The price was going to be around $200-$300 to get the screen replaced which only had a minor scratch. They decided to take it to another place in Doncaster Shoppingtown and had the screen replaced in a couple of hours for $99.

Often I think "why don't I just buy from the Apple store in the internet". Last Saturday we went to Shoppingtown and trying to get into the car park was so bad (a common experience) we got out as fast as we could and went to Ringwoord instead. With the Apple online store there is no travelling time, no struggling to get a car park, no waiting for a person to serve you, and from what I can see, free shipping. Sounds pretty good to me to place the order and then simply wait for the Apple product to arrive. For my next Apple purchase I might just give the Apple online store a go.

The new products that have caught my attention from Apple are the Apple iPod Touch and the Apple TV. I'm really only curious about the Apple TV at this stage. I find I get most of my information from the online site, but I still like to check out what the products look like which is where the store still comes in handy.

Kelvin Eldridge
http://www.justlocal.com.au/

2 comments:

  1. G'day are you able to get the name of the other shop at Doncaster would be very helpful cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I tried finding the name of the other store on the Westfield site but wasn't able to.

    The search on the www.JustLocal.com.au/3108 includes all stores with a web site and performing a search didn't return anything.

    Now I'm curious. I'll check out the store next time I'm a Shoppingtown.

    Kelvin

    ReplyDelete