Saturday, August 13, 2011

Computer repair Melbourne (Doncaster, Templestowe, Eltham area)

If you're having a computer related problem and need someone to come out and fix your issue you can contact  Kelvin (that's me) at Online Connections. Based in Templestowe (for those not sure when that is think of Doncaster Shoppingtown) I service the local area. I prefer providing a personalised service to clients rather than remote support.

I've found the problem with remote support is it often takes longer to walk the client through setting up the remote support than it does to drive out and fix the problem and that costs clients more money. Many problems are easier to fix where you can see the problem and work with the client.

One problem I fixed recently for a client was causing their internet connection to fail many times a day. They'd had assistance from the ISP and new equipment sent out which didn't solve the problem. No one had been able to fix their problem. When I attended I could see they had set up their equipment in a number of areas which was causing multiple problems. A visual inspection made it easier to identify and fix the issue which had plagued them for some time.

My own experience with many of the companies telephone based support services is they haven't been very good. I won't name names, but I've had one telco support person give advice that was simply not related to the problem and a leading hardware company's support person had senior management on their knees under the desk trying to identify a problem I'd already identified and isolated and all that was required was to log a fault. More often than not you'll spend the first twenty minutes waiting on hold for the call to be answered. 

More and more I'm finding customers who've tried everything with their ISP contact me because the ISP has simply not been able to help and I've been able to walk into the client's premises or home and fix their issue.

If you prefer personalised cost effective service then you're welcome to give me a call.

Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment