Friday, June 29, 2012

Google Chrome browser now available on Apple iPhone in Australia

I read that Google have released the Chrome Browser for iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad.

I opened up the App Store only to find it wasn't there. Strange I thought. I then worked out how to get the App and installed Chrome on my 3GS iPhone. My first impression is it works well.

Here is a screenshot of my favourite site www.JustLocal.com.au.






From what I read Apple only allows other browsers to use their rendering engine so expectedly the layout of the actual page was the same as for the Safari Browser. It also means the same limitations of Safari will apply. For example the upload button to upload a file such as a photo to a site is disabled in Chrome as it is on Safari.

One feature I did like straight away was the tabs button. It is a good sign when you immediately find something you like as that encourages you to explore further.

A restriction Apple applies is you can't make other browsers the default so this will tend to push people back to Safari due to convenience.

Google Chrome is available in the App Store.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 if you require help with your computer.
No problem too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment