Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Alert: eBay Group Deals: $600.00 NEW iPhone 5 32GB Black / White Unlocked. Check this and other eBay Deals items on sale.

Today I received an email with the subject “eBay Group Deals: $600.00 NEW iPhone 5 32GB Black / White Unlocked. Check this and other eBay Deals items on sale.” Most people have probably received many of these fake emails over the years. What I thought was interesting is the iPhone offer is now 33% off. If I recall correctly many of these emails for years ago had ridiculous prices. As the price becomes closer to the real price this type of ad make trick some people so please be on your guard when receiving any offer via email.

The technique I use is to hover my mouse over the links. I use Outlook as my main email client but pressing down on a link for an extended time when using an iPhone will display the link in a new dialogue. I’d recommend not clicking on a link as visiting the site could simply be another trick designed to infect your computer with malware.

You should delete this type of email if you receive one.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Doncaster, Templestowe, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment