Monday, September 30, 2013

Booking.yeah, booking.com commercial

Since I'd just booked some accommodation I decided to crosscheck the Booking.com site with another site I use. It turns out the price of the accommodation I checked was slightly more expensive on Booking.com.
If you're looking for accommodation through an online booking site, it only takes a few minutes to check the offers from others online booking sites. A good advertising campaign will get people to check out the site and many will book without checking the other sites. Make sure you look after your interests by checking a number of sites. Also keep in mind add-on costs such as booking fees and/or credit card fees. I let my guard down once with Expedia. Their prices seemed so good compared to Wotif.com, but Wotif included taxes upfront and Expedia gave a total cost and then added the taxes separately. Overall the prices were around the same but I felt tricked with the Expedia approach. That was my fault for not being thorough.

More recently when I booked I used a trick I learnt a while ago. It saved me $47.50 and I don't have to pay most of the money until I reach the hotel. I share the trick for clients in MyAnswers solution 2392, which can be found in the General section of MyAnswers.

Kelvin Eldridge
Online Connections
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment