Friday, November 08, 2013

Search Australia - Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. - Google Custom search blocked by Google.

Today I went to use Search Australia, as I have hundreds of times in the past month and nothing happened. I entered 'g' followed by the search term, which sends the request to Google, and the page just sat there. No results were displayed. Nothing happened at all.

Google for some reason as a result of something I had done decided to see if I was a real human or a robot. Unfortunately I couldn't see Google's message. I decided to use the mobile version of Search Australia (clicked on the link) and then I was presented with the following screen.


I then entered the characters as requested and was able to continue with my searches. If you find when using Search Australia and after pressing Search the page doesn't display any results, suspect that Google may have blocked you. Click on the link for the mobile version of Search Australia, perform a search and you may receive the test to check if you're human.

Alternately if you just want search results, use Bing or Yahoo by entering 'b' or 'y' before your search term.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment