Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Alert: PayPal - You sent a payment of $29.88 AUD to ilovebargainx - Receipt for Your Payment to AU-AdCommerce-EOM@ebay.xxx

I've received a number of fake emails which states I've made purchases to a business in Queensland. They are fake of course but since I've receive a couple today I thought I'd warn others. Never trust any links you receive in an email purporting to be from PayPal. I've never found an email to contain information that isn't already on my account. To me PayPal just doesn't work that way, so these emails are always fake.

The trick used here is that most of the links in the email are real, but the link to cancel the payment is fake and that's the one the scammers want you to click on.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for IT support.

1 comment: