Monday, April 21, 2014

Movie review of The Counselor. - Give it a miss.

I must admit I was a bit biased about watching The Counselor. The marketers seemed to have decided that Australia is not important enough to localise the spelling to 'counsellor', whereas they did so for the British market.

However against my better judgement I decided from a choice of four we'd watch The Counselor from iTunes using the Apple TV. My judgement wasn't far off. This is probably the worst movie I've seen from Apple's iTunes store. Long self-indulgent difficult to hear narratives from crooks being philosophical were totally unbelievable. Brad Pitt should be careful in the roles he picks as this one did nothing for him and will make me question his movies from now on.

The lesson here however is simple. Check the reviews. Whist I expect there will be quite a few fake reviews, if you notice, the number who hated it far exceeds any other category. That to me is an interesting observation and should help me avoid similar disappointments in the future.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment