Monday, October 27, 2014

Eastlink's Breeze website has been down since Sunday.

I travelled on Eastlink and Saturday and went to pay on Sunday a couple of times and got they're site was down for maintenance.


Eastlink certainly must be having some very serious problems with their systems. As an IT person this isn't what I'd consider to be maintenance. Of course the average person will simply think the systems have probably just done down. Quite unexpected to see a major company like this offline for so long. This is very poor service from Eastlink. They're always happy to charge but if you can't pay it simply becomes time consuming and stressful.

Another time I noticed their online program design was flawed and would not allow you to pay on the last day the payment was due. This is a typical junior programming error where the testing for a condition is out.

Not much anyone can do except wait until their systems come up and hope they don't hit people for late payment. 

I largely avoid Eastlink as I've worked out for a trip from Tempelstowe to Rowville people would need to be earning around $60 per hour for it to be worthwhile. Most people don't do those timing tests so would not realise. This time however I was doing the longer drive to the beach area and for that I feel the cost is worth it.

Kelvin Eldridge

UPDATE: Given I don't have much confidence in Eastlink and their notice here is misleading since this evening was now yesterday, so they're prepared to mislead with incorrect information, I decided to try paying via mobile. Same issue with the mobile site. I then tried using their 1300 number which succeeded.

If you have an outstanding trip you wish to pay I'd suggest using the 1300 number. I would not assume they'd give you and extra time since their online facilities are not available. They are quite firm on your accepting their terms and conditions. On a previous occasion when I missed the 72 hour deadline there was no flexibility.



3 comments:

  1. Wednesday at 9:51 pm and the Breeze site is still down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked and the site is now working again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EastLink is a concern. I received a Toll Invoice with Immediate payment required.

    This of course was already paid via the operator on the 27th of October. The invoice was issued on the 13th of November. A check of the site shows the invoice has been paid.

    Now that's a concern. Had I paid via some other method such as BPay their invoice would mean I'd pay twice (including the additonal fees) and I doubt if I'd ever see that money again.

    If you receive an invoice check online first on the Breeze site before paying.

    ReplyDelete