Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Alert: Westpac - You've missed a credit card payment.

I received an email today with the subject, You've missed a credit card payment. Now strange as it may sound I have missed a credit card payment a couple of times. The problem for me is Westpac has decided to force everyone to register their email address in order to use online banking. I don't provide banks with an email address as part of my approach to security and fraud. I advise others to do the same.



This email is a scam and should be deleted.

As you can expect I'm very annoyed at Westpac for crippling my banking experience with them. They simply want to avoid costs by getting people to use email and I want to avoid fraud and save them much more money. They're absolutely crazy. No other bank I use forces me to provide an email address. WAKE UP WESTPAC. Westpac is on borrowed time for me which is a pity.

Nearly every day I'll receive emails like the following. Most weeks as an IT consultant I'll make money from someone who has been tricked by bank fraud. I work hard to help clients avoid fraud but Westpac makes it hard for me and the rest of their customers. Westpac deserves to lose this money but unfortunately the customer is the one who usually pays for it in the long run.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for IT support.

No comments:

Post a Comment