Friday, March 13, 2015

HBO Now. Will it be available in Australia for the Apple TV?

I watched Apple's March 2015 keynote presentation as I like to see what Apple is doing direct from the horse's mouth so to speak, and not through material written for other media outlets. There's often clues or further information not mentioned. I learnt quite a lot more watching the keynote than I have from any of the media articles.

One thing I was interested in was finding out whether or not the HBO Now service would be available in Australia. I'd probably not use it, but I thought it's not likely to be available due to the regional licensing of material. Eventually these artificial borders will go and when that happens we'll see quite a different media landscape.

Whilst nothing was said specifically, which to me is disappointing, there was a very useful clue. As the video for HBO Now finished, if you looked carefully, the information we needed was there. Here's the relevant image.


For those not able to read this it states, HBO NOW is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories. Some restrictions may apply.

Ah well. It looks like Australia misses out again, but that is to be expected at this time.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for IT support.

No comments:

Post a Comment