Tuesday, April 07, 2015

The SEO Company Melbourne test site is very interesting to watch.

I set up the SEO Company Melbourne test site to enable me to perform some testing. One interesting initial observation is how quickly the site appeared in Google's search results as a result of my approach.

When I checked a couple of hours after going live (around 9 pm), later that night the site was already at position 104. Over the next few days the site moved up settling around position 40. I'll be performing various tests to see what does and doesn't affect the positioning. Being in the highly competitive SEO sector I expect it will be hard to move up further. There's tough competition from people in the field. I noticed one business I referred a client to around 7-8 years ago. In the past I've noticed time to be an important ranking signal in printed media and I expect that may have carried over to the internet.

Just as interesting is checking out how the SEO businesses have gamed the system for themselves before Google tightened up some of their requirements. Go to Google maps and start typing in "SEO company" and you'll see a number of businesses appear with the title SEO Company or a variation. You can't do that today with Google to my knowledge, as you have to use your business name. In time I suspect these sites will get reported and Google will remove them and that's probably a good thing for everyone, except of course those that have benefited from gaming the system.

Whilst the site www.SEO-Company-Melbourne.com.au is a test site, it is also a live working site. I've shared information which I believe will help others protect themselves from the many unscrupulous SEO businesses. It amazes me how many people get stung by SEO businesses simply by not putting into place a measurable result and making payment based on result. The SEO businesses are very good at making what they're doing appear legitimate and often charge a high monthly fee and do nothing for the money. Hopefully the site will help a few people.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for IT support.

PS. I consider SEO to be simply an additional service I can provide to clients. However since it is not possible to always guarantee an outcome, the fee is based on an agreed result. In IT consulting a fee is charged on time and there result is always delivered. With SEO Google has the control which means it is always possible a result may not be delivered. In that case a client should not be out of pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment