Tuesday, May 12, 2015

TPG ADSL2+ broadband can't access Facebook and yet their mobile service can?

I thought I'd share this rather unusual observation. This morning I went to connect to Facebook using the TPG ADSL2+ service and all I get is the following.


If I use the mobile phone an connect via Wi-Fi to the ADSL2+ service I'm also not able to connect to Facebook. However if I switch to connecting using the 3G mobile service I can connect to Facebook.

I'm having no problems connecting to any other service that I've so far tried, just Facebook.

Since I'd not seen this before and it appears to only be related to TPG's ADSL2+ service I thought I'd mention it. This isn't something I'd seen before.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for IT support.

1 comment:

  1. The TPG issue has now rectified itself. Interestingly I also found Apple Safari in one case also gave the message that I wasn't connected to the internet since it couldn't find the site. Of course I was because I was able to go to other sites. Not all the messages you receive from your computer are necessarily an accurate reflection of the problem.

    ReplyDelete