Sunday, May 14, 2017

Would anyone notice if you disabled your Facebook account.

I'm not a big user of Facebook. I only have 18 contacts. I usually post multiple times a week. But I do think that people don't communicate using Facebook. One person posts and the other person reads. This isn't being social. It's one big noticeboard. Noticeboards aren't being social.

So in a moment of thought on Friday before last, the 5th of May, I decided to disable my Facebook account.

Who would notice? How long would it be before people noticed?

It's now been nine days. Not a single person noticed.

It's not that I haven't seen the people who are my contacts, as I have. About half of them during that time. Not a word about me not having a presence on Facebook.

How long would it be before anyone noticed if you disabled your Facebook account?

#facebookdisable

Kelvin Eldridge

Update: 23 May 2017
Still no one has noticed my Facebook account is disabled. Very interesting indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment